Monday, February 1, 2010

Super Bowl and Addictions

I'm so sorry for how quiet this blog was last week. We were in the middle of several huge deadlines; and all set this blog on the back burner. The great news is that our deadlines were met, so we are back to a regular schedule!

This week, we, like many around the nation, are eagerly anticipating the upcoming Super Bowl. There will be a lot of stories that will be revealed concerning the two teams and their players who will face off on Sunday. However, there is one story in particular, that deserves some recognition especially since it parallels so closely to the heart of 3 Dimensional Life. Its the story of New Orleans Saints defensive tackle Anthony Hargrove. Mr. Hargrove recently came out of a 8-month recovery program for his drug addiction. While the story is inspiring enough, Mr. Hargrove makes this pointed statement:

"This is the Super Bowl. I might only have one chance at it. I don't want to come all this way and blow it. My teammates have said I can go out one night and have fun, but I know I can't. The one night I do try to enjoy myself is when something can happen." (emphasis mine)

In the article, Mr. Hargrove clearly explains his understanding of the freedom a life without addictions provides.

So, regardless of who you will be pulling to win this upcoming Sunday, make sure to notice Anthony Hargrove - who provides a great example of successfully completing a recovery program and applying the tools he learned to his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment