Tuesday, December 29, 2009

End of 2009: Thanks

As the end of the year draws to an end, I am exceedingly thankful for many things. Here are a couple of things I'm thankful for:

- Team work. Right now, in front of my office window, I'm watching two of our students complete a task during their work crew afternoon. One is the oldest in the house (oldest determined by status in the 3D) and one is younger...You can hear their muffled conversations, occasional laughter and focus to complete the task at work. Team work is a wonderful thing.

- 3D Staff. I've mentioned it before, but it must be mentioned again. I work with the BEST staff in the world. No, really, I do. While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun. Coming to work is a pleasure!

- 3D students. It takes courage to realize you have a problem, and then voluntary decide to change. That is courageous. And, that act of courage is something that they do every single day.

- Glue Stic for Envelopes. Remember my hatred for licking envelopes? Well, one student's mom read about my dilemma and FOUND Glue Stic for Envelopes!!! Does anyone need me to mail anything? Lemme know, I'm armed and ready. :)

- Watching God work. That phrase pretty much sums it up, but it is truly amazing to watch God work. You don't have to look hard, you just have to recognize when He is working and give Him glory at recognition.

Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Um.. and your NEW HUSBAND? :) I am also extremely thankful for all the 3D staff does for families everywhere. I am listening to my brother playing Free Falling by Tom Petty right now while he's waiting for me to get up off my rear and go to the gym... Couldn't have said that a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes. I am very thankful for my new husband. :) He's definitely a keeper. Isn't it nice to see what can happen in a year's time? God is good.

    ReplyDelete