Thursday, January 7, 2010

Family Night at the Hawks Game

I've collected quite a number of 3D favorites over the past couple of weeks. I define "3D favorites" as those special events or moments that echo my love for 3D.

Of course, I could easily blog about my engagement or wedding - both events that included the 3D students. But, what comes to mind right now is the ATL Hawks game from last night. While I'll be the first to admit - I'm not a fan of the NBA, last night's game was different.

Last night, not only did we take the 3D students, but we also invited their parents. It was really neat to watch as students and parents alike enjoyed a family activity. For several hours, the only distraction was the Hawks Mascot and the only focus was parents and students spending good quality time together. One of the families sat directly behind me and I loved how the student, his dad and brother carried on a continual conversation.

That's what it is about - developing and restoring relationships. I certainly hope the families had a lot of fun. I did.

1 comment:

  1. I really thought the mascot was going to eat that little boy. I want to take you to meet the mascot sometime. He is very friendly...

    ReplyDelete