Tuesday, February 16, 2010

3D Interns

I remember being in the role as an intern. But, that was in college and I needed it for academic credit. So, while I loved my internship immensely, the underlining goal was to: obtain college credit for graduation. My goal was achieved and I graduated.

However, the definition of intern at 3 Dimensional Life takes on an entirely different standard and definition. 3 Dimensional Life has recently been overwhelmed by interns. Condsidering that we were understaffed in our intern department and that our one intern was overwhelmed for the first 4 months of his internship, we are thankful to be overwhelmed. For our 3D interns, their goal is not to obtain college credit, but to give back. For nine months, our interns (who have all graduated from a recovery program themselves) are investing into our students.

While their daily tasks all vary, the investment remains the same: to give back. It seems simple, but the simplicity of the goal does not undermine the intensity of being an intern. It is hard work.

I think Proverbs 25:4 sums up the intern's role perfectly:

"Remove impurities from the silver and the silversmith can craft a fine chalice."
(The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment