Monday, February 15, 2010

Not One, But Many.

Reading the article in the DelMar Times was startling. When a sheriff says, "This is the first time in 22 years career that I'm scared."

We have a problem.

In the article, the journalist reported that an overwhelming problem along the San Diego, CA and Mexico border is teenagers addicted to Oxycontin - a pain medicine prescribed to cancer patients.

Sadly, it is not just a problem along the US and Mexican border. It is a growing problem all over the United States. Teenagers are stealing prescription drugs from their families, friends, strangers and so many others.

Yesterday, as I sat in Family Recovery, the students were asked what their drug of choice was...over and over again, I noticed there was not one singular drug of choice. This one comment stood out: "I used whatever I could get my hands on."

Pray for our students; pray they do not lose heart to continue on. For our interns, who have graduated from a program, but who now need to give back. Pray for our staff, for encouragement and rest.

Pray for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment