Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Because He Lives...I can Face Tomorrow

Our Executive Director Greg Brooks wrote this; it is extremely encouraging and challenging.

“Unless you accept God's kingdom in the simplicity of a child, you'll never get in.” Luke 18:17 (The Message)
 I have often asked my four year son, Noah, the question: “What’s the most important thing to you?” His answer is always the same no matter what’s going on. He says, “Daddy, the most important thing is that Jesus loves me.” He doesn’t say the things many of us would say; the mortgage this month, my son’s recovery, my job.

It doesn’t matter what you’re going through this week; our answer should be the same. The MOST important thing is that Jesus loves you. At the end of the day nothing else matters. When we can understand this child-like statement is when we can live free from fear, anxiety, concern and anything else that distracts us from focusing on Him.

There’s an old hymn that says “Because He Lives I can Face Tomorrow.” Life is much easier to live when we’re submitted to loving Jesus and nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment