Monday, March 1, 2010

An Update

Good Afternoon! It is such a welcomed relief to see the sun out and actually feel the warm rays. Over the last couple of days, I have been uploading videos to our facebook page. Be sure to check them out!  (For some reason I am having difficulty uploading them to the blog!)

It has been really encouraging to see the involvement of parents. It is easy to take a backseat stance while the student is in the program. But, lately, we are seeing parents pursue harder after their own Family Recovery. We are also seeing families of graduates contact us. I think this is another great aspect, because it shows that parents know they have a trusted source in our staff.

Yesterday, one out-of-state Mom got to stay longer to visit with her son. She made dinner for entire house. It was incredible to watch the boys thoroughly enjoy the meal she cooked. As I stood watching the students get their plates, I noticed one student who tapped the Mom on the shoulder. Before he would take his plate, he said "thanks" and gave her a big hug. I love those moments.

Cherish those 'little' moments. And, enjoy the videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment